The Different Types of Business Taxes.
The form of business you operate determines what taxes you must pay and how you pay them. The following are the five general types of company taxes:
The federal income tax must be paid you earn or receive income during the year. An employee of your company usually has income tax withheld from his or her pay. If you do not pay your tax through withholding, or do not pay enough tax that way, you might have to pay estimated tax. If you are not required to make estimated tax payments, you may pay any tax due when you file your return.
Generally, you must pay taxes on income, including self-employment tax by making regular payments of estimated tax during the year.
Self-employment tax (SE tax)
A social security and Medicare tax primarily for individuals who work for themselves. Your payments of SE tax contribute to your coverage under the social security system. Social security coverage provides you with retirement benefits, disability benefits, survivor benefits, and hospital insurance (Medicare) benefits.
Generally, you must pay SE tax and file Schedule SE (Form 1040) if either of the following applies.
- If your net earnings from self-employment were $400 or more.
- If you work for a church or a qualified church-controlled organization (other than as a minister or member of a religious order) that elected an exemption from social security and Medicare taxes, you are subject to SE tax if you receive $108.28 or more in wages from the church or organization.
When you have employees, you as the employer have certain employment tax responsibilities that you must pay and forms you must file. Employment taxes include the following:
- Social security and Medicare taxes
- Federal income tax withholding
- Federal unemployment (FUTA) tax
This section describes the excise taxes you may have to pay and the forms you have to file if you do any of the following.
- Manufacture or sell certain products.
- Operate certain kinds of businesses.
- Use various kinds of equipment, facilities, or products.
- Receive payment for certain services.
Taxable income over Not over Tax rate $ 0 $ 50,000 15% 50,000 75,000 25% 75,000 100,000 34% 100,000 335,000 39% 335,000 10,000,000 34% 10,000,000 15,000,000 35% 15,000,000 18,333,333 38% 18,333,333 .......... 35%
Are You Ready To Rise?
Subscribe NOW and Get Actionable Information delivered monthly